This increase is due to the continued demand for gas as well as limited global supplies of crude oil with the ongoing war between Ukraine and Russia.
TYLER, Texas— **EDITOR’S NOTE — the attached video was made on June 4, 2022.
The average statewide gasoline price in Texas is seven cents higher than last week, hitting $4.69 for regular unleaded fuel according to AAA Texas.
The speed of price increases has slowed this week, but price records have been set across the state. This increase is due to the continued demand for gas as well as limited global supplies of crude oil with the ongoing war between Ukraine and Russia. It is possible that the recent increase in interest rates by the Federal Reserve will slow demand, leading to lower gasoline prices in the future according to market analysts with AAA.
“It was another week of record gas prices in the Lone Star State, as demand remains strong and market uncertainty over global oil supply persists,” the AAA spokesperson said. Texas, Daniel Armbruster. “In order to get the best gas mileage, AAA recommends practicing safe driving habits as well as proper vehicle maintenance.”
AAA Texas has published tips on how to save money before you hit the pumps:
- Slow down while driving and obey the speed limit. The higher the speed, the more drag your vehicle will experience, which will slow your car down.
- Avoid strong accelerations and quick presses on the accelerator pedal. These simple actions increase your vehicle’s gas mileage
- Use cruise control on the highway to help maintain a constant speed. However, do not use cruise control when driving on slippery or wet roads.
- Minimize your use of air conditioning
- Avoid idling your car to warm up the engine, even in cold weather.
- Maintain your car according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Regular maintenance ensures optimal fuel economy.
- Make sure your tires are well maintained and inflated to the correct level.
For more information on where to find cheap gas prices near you or to read more gas saving recommendations, download the AAA app.