New Delhi: Shardiya Navratri is the best known and most significant of all the Navratris celebrated in Hindu culture. Accordingly, Shardiya Navratri is also called Maha Navratri. It occurs during the lunar month of Ashwin, during Sharad Ritu.
Meaning of Shardiya Navratri:
Sharad Ritu inspired the name Shardiya Navratri. During Navratri, each of the nine days is devoted to a different aspect of Goddess Shakti. Shardiya Navratri occurs in September or October.
The nine-day celebration ends on the tenth day with Dussehra or Vijaya Dashami. Women especially in Maharashtra and Gujarat adorn themselves with 9 different colors, one for each day of Navratri. On a weekday, the color of the day is decided.
According to Hindu mythology, each day of the week is ruled by one of the planets or Navgrahas, and the colors are assigned to each day accordingly. Each Navdurga avatar represents a different aspect of Goddess Durga. In order to get the blessings of Navdurga, people offer a specific Prasad every day. Please refer to the nine distinct Navratri Prasads that are offered to the nine forms of Navdurga during Navratri.
Navratri 2022 Akhand Jyoti Niyam and Benefits:
Sidhharrth S Kumaar, an astronumerologist by profession, believes that keeping akhand jyoti during Navratri has many benefits. He shares the benefits, niyams and mantras associated with it.
– It helps the family in the fulfillment of wishes and the abundance of love, health and finances in life
– It spreads positivity in the house and also cleans the house of negative energy
– It acts as a road blocker for the whole family and strengthens the bonds between them
– It also helps to seek nav grah dev and pitru dev blessings besides maa durga
– Brass, silver or earthen lamp can be used for Akhand Jyoti
– Mustard oil, ghee or sesame oil can be used to fuel the Akhand Jyoti
– Create a wick (cotton or mauli wick) long enough to last 9 days
– The size of the wick must be such that its heat can be felt in its surroundings
– Take a chowki or a raised platform, clean it and dry it beforehand
– Form an ashtdal (an eight-petalled lotus pattern) with colored gulal or unbroken rice
– Place the akhand jyot in the center of Ashtdal and should always be to the right of maa durga (in case of ghee) and to the left (in case of oil)
– Before lighting the akhant jyot, remember your kuldevi/kuldevta, lord ganesh, lord shiva and maa durga and ask for their blessings for this act
– You can chant the mantra below 11 times each while lighting the akhand Jyoti
More information More information More information
ॐ जयंती मंगला काली भद्रकाली दुर्गा क्षमा शिवा धात्री स्वाहा नमोऽस्तु नमोऽस्तुते।
– Once the akhand Jyot is on, never leave it alone
– You can cover it with glass to protect it from any sudden air breeze
– Keep refueling the akhand jyot and use the same fuel used on day 1 and refill slowly
– On the last day, don’t blow akhant jyot, let the jyot stop on its own
Shardiya Navratri Vastu Tips:
According to Sidhharrth S Kumaar, here are the vastu tips that would be followed during Sharadiya Navratri:
Prepare your home for Shardiya Navratri
– Properly clean your home and nearby surroundings
– Throw out old newspapers, calendars and broken electronic gadgets such as watches, cell phones, etc.
– Mix salt water, vinegar and alum in water and use this water to clean the house before Navratri and daily for 9 days and also can spray rose fragrance essential oils
Navratri Vastu Councils:
– Make Swastik on both sides of the main door of the house and the door of the puja room with red vermilion (sindoor)
– Make a mango and Ashok tree toran and hang it on the main door
– The northeast direction is considered the god’s pious place. Therefore, establish the statue or Kalash of Goddess Durga in the northeast corner of the house.
– The east is the source of unlimited positive energy and vitality. One should make sure to face the east direction while making prayers to Maa Shakti.
– Bell (Ghanti) and Shell (Shankh) should be used after pooja especially in the evening