Pistachios, known for their crunchy goodness, are also known as green nut, smiling nut, and king nut in different parts of the world. This underrated yet totally healthy nut is known for its unique health benefits and has been favored by legends and aristocrats throughout history. As we celebrate World Pistachio Day, here are some interesting facts about pistachios from California.
1) Your snack partner: Pistachios are a nutritious snack that can fill hunger gaps between meals, helping to prevent overeating at mealtimes. It’s a great alternative to other snacks high in added sugars and saturated fat. They are also the balanced source of carbohydrates, proteins and fats needed by the human body.
2) The ultimate protein: If you’re vegetarian or vegan and looking for protein options, fret not, because California pistachios might just be your next purchase. Known for their high amount of protein, pistachios are an ideal protein supplement for a large number of vegetarians in India who are looking for a more meatless and non-dairy option.
3) The binge fest: Who doesn’t enjoy a big binge? Whether you’re watching Netflix or need something for those long meetings, Pistachios is a perfect option. Compared to other nuts, you get more pistachios per serving. This simply means that you can eat around 49 pistachios, compared to 23 almonds or 18 cashews. It’s true – pistachios give you more than twice the nuts per serving and we love it.
4) Good for the gut: Containing three grams of fiber per serving, pistachios are a sacred good source of fiber. As we all know, fiber is our body’s fuel, which not only helps you feel full, but also aids digestion and prevents constipation.
5) Anti-stress: Having to work from home has surely had us hoarding snacks in our house, but to sate the binger in you, pistachios are a treat for anyone looking to eat mindfully. Shelled pistachios are also proven to make you feel fuller, while shelling pistachios helps relieve significant stress.
6) Better without dessert: As a usual norm, we usually consider incorporating dried fruits and nuts into either dessert, but these green bites of goodness don’t need a partner. With its nutty flavor and firm texture, the rich taste of pistachios cannot be compromised.
California Pistachios recently collaborated with popular TV actor Nakuul Mehta to add a fun element to the snack. “Something that offers a unique taste, can be eaten on the go, and is also healthy – is precisely a blessing in disguise, and pistachios from California define the same thing,” Nakuul Mehta said of his association with pistachios. California pistachios. Munching on the lovely shelled pistachios for extra protein during my snack time is such a healthy experience. This is literally me stealing a good time. I’m thrilled to have been able to partner with them on this World Pistachio Day, and I encourage everyone to crack it open and snack on it for a fun and healthy snack.”